Sunday 13 February 2011

YT content detection


The other day I posted this video on my YT channel. Basically because at the time I couldn't think of anything better to do. It's a rather insignificant video of a cold winter morning in Trento. To make up for a soundtrack I went to my stack of music sheets and looked for the first song with 'morning' in the title. I came up with a few beats for the old standard 'Carolina in the Morning', fired up a 'Jazz Ballad' style on my PX-320 and switched on the webcam microphone for an extremely quick and dirty bad recording of an improptu bad rendition of the melody of that old standard.

Now, look in the video suggestion for my masterpiece: currently there's a "Carolina in the morning" sung by, of all people, Judy Garland. Ok, melody detection algorithms aren't exactly something like a software holy grail, but the guys at YT/BigG surely seem to have one working algorithm.

No comments:

Post a Comment