Monday, 28 March 2011

How to disassemble a Behringer C-1 Microphone

The other week I bought a used Behringer C-1 condenser mic in Mercatino Musicale, an italian musical classifieds website. The C-1 is a cheap but relatively good chinese made condenser mic: I got it for 30 EUR, practically like new. It only had a small problem: the XLR socket came away every time I pulled the microphone cord out. Don't know if the seller knew about it or not (wink wink): but anyway it turned out it was just a matter of regulating a small screw inside the microphone. Opening it isn't anything obvious, as I found out, even reading Behringer doc and looking around on the net. So, here's a mini video on how to disassemble and reassemble the C-1. And how to properly let the XLR socket stay in its place. I won't bother you with an evaluation of the microphone itself: the net is already full of every kind of review and videos about this microphone.

1 comment:

  1. p.s.

    also... your FAQ on your site are seminal.. thanks for the good laugh.. you are indeed an interesting specimen of the human kind.. thanks.. will check back here more often now.. also like people with a good attitude and humor most of all.. oh and yes those yaffa oranges are not really my cup of tea either.. you know what I mean..